Louise Ogborn, 21, is suing the fast-food giant, accusing it of failing to warn her and other employees about the hoaxer, who had already struck other McDonald's stores and other fast-food restaurants across the country. McDonald's has said Ogborn is responsible for whatever damages she suffered for not realizing the incident was a hoax. Ogborn was 18 and working at a McDonald's in April when she was forced to strip after a man called the store, claiming he was investigating a theft.
It was the shocking story -- and unbelievable surveillance video -- that riveted the nation. A young McDonald's employee humiliated, forced to strip and then to perform a sexual act in the back office, during her work day. This horrifying ordeal changed one woman's life forever, and put one man on trial, accused of masterminding a bizarre and elaborate hoax.
Katie Barker said her three-year-old son Mitchell — who is incontinent, cannot speak and has multiple organ problems — was left humiliated when she had to strip him naked in full view of other London diners. She was so rude. He uses a special push chair to get around.
Please purchase a subscription to read our premium content. If you have a subscription, please log in or sign up for an account on our website to continue. Please log in, or sign up for a new account to continue reading. If you are a subscriber: Simply log in for unlimited access.
Enter keyword s to search for the articles,events,business listing and community content. You can use letters:a-z,A-Z and numbers Louise Ogborn, 21, had sued McDonald's Corp.
The defense began its case shortly after 1 p. Their first witness was Jason Bradley, a cook who was called in to watch over Ogborn at one point during the three-and-a-half hours she was detained. He told jurors he refused to play along with the hoax caller.
Notifications can be turned off anytime in the browser settings. AP -- A former employee who sued McDonald's -- saying she was forced to strip because of a hoax phone call -- has been awarded more than six million dollars. A jury in Shepherdsville, Kentucky, made that decision Friday in the lawsuit by Louise Ogborn against the fast-food giant.
Her lawyer saw the verdict as a victory for their argument that the company had been negligent by failing to warn Ogborn and other employees about the caller who had already struck other McDonald's stores and other fast-food restaurants across the country. Juror Kay Parrish later told reporters that the award would enable Ogborn to "live well the rest of her life" and "put all this behind her. A teary Ogborn hugged relatives after the verdict was read and later expressed relief the case was over. She said she planned to use some of the money to attend law school.
Let friends in your social network know what you are reading about. The calls were persuasive -- and perverse. The caller, often pretending to be a police officer, coaxed managers into strip-searching a worker or customer.
Louise Ogborn, 21, is suing the fast-food giant, accusing it of failing to warn her and other employees about the hoaxer, who had already struck other McDonald's stores and other fast-food restaurants across the country. McDonald's has said Ogborn is responsible for whatever damages she suffered for not realizing it was a hoax. After a four-week trial, the jury deliberated without reaching a verdict the first day and planned to return on Friday.